There are several ways of doing box plots. Some show outliers, some don’t. Some set the whiskers at the min and max values, some don’t. Until now, SOFA kept it simple by only allowing one approach. But sometimes a little more flexibility is needed. So now users can choose between three options:
Option 1) This is the default. Outliers are displayed. Lower whiskers are 1.5 times the Inter-Quartile Range below the lower quartile, or the minimum value, whichever is closest to the middle. Upper whiskers are calculated using the same approach.
Option 2) Outliers hidden. Lower whiskers are 1.5 times the Inter-Quartile Range below the lower quartile, or the minimum value, whichever is closest to the middle. Upper whiskers are calculated using the same approach.
Option 3) Whiskers are at the minimum and maximum values.
And SOFA displays a small note at the bottom of each box plot so it is clear what approach has been used.
Additionally version 1.4.5 adds:
- ODS importing can now cope with repeated column names.
- Better error message when unable to get regression line details because of limited variability.
And there are numerous bug fixes as well:
- Fix bug when problem with imported data.
- Fix to title and date concatenation code so doesn’t break when title has non-ascii characters e.g. in Spanish (affecting Windows and Mac)
- Reordered regression line plotting in js so appears on top of dots.
- Added zero division error trap to spearman’s test error output.
- Fixed bug which prevented ods_reader from importing repeating rows at the end of a spreadsheet. Only repeated empty rows at the end are considered the end of the data.
- Properly handle all read operations on internal-use text files e.g. proj, css etc. Can cope with a utf-8 BOM (only) to cope with Windows Notepad editing. Breaks if other encodings used which is fair enough.
We hope you like the latest version.