SOFA Statistics has been packaged for Mac OS X (Leopard and Snow Leopard). It only seems right that an application emphasising ease-of-use and beautiful output should be available for Apple users.
The installer is supplied as a mpkg (metapackage) file inside a disk image. Open the mpkg to install.
The same application now works much the same on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, Ubuntu/Linux Mint, and Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard.
Even if you are not a Mac user, there are a few extras in the new version:
- MySQL plugin now works with older versions of MySQL e.g. 4.1.
- MySQL now allows port details e.g. for remote connections.
- All database plugins allow empty default database or table configuration details (in which case they’ll use the first).
- Easier to fill in connection details in project. Tooltips (with examples) have been added to database configuration controls to make it more clear what is required from the user.
- Better placement of dialogs on smaller screens so nothing off-screen.
- Problems with connection details raise useful message for users.
- SOFA gives useful message if the SOFA application path is not found because of an unexpected folder name e.g. ‘sofa stats’ rather than ‘sofa’. The Windows installer was also upgraded to give better guidance.
- Better error messages if anything goes wrong with loading of initial images when starting SOFA.
There are also a few bug fixes:
- Fixed bug in calculation of total frequency across rows so that missing values are excluded.
- Background images for tables now available in Ubuntu install.
- Fixed some minor background bugs.
You can download version 0.9.10 now: SOFA downloads
NB 0.9.10 (zero point nine point ten) is newer than 0.9.9.