It is now a lot easier and more pleasant to enter data directly into SOFA. Check it out and see if you agree. It is also easier to get CSV data in if there are lots of fields. Overall this is an incremental step forwards rather than the introduction of lots of new features. Here is the full list of improvements:
- Much easier and quicker data entry. Return key now functions like Tab in data entry tables. Deleting a cell automatically inserts the appropriate value.
- Much faster importing of csv files with lots of fields. Now has option of quickly checking field names collectively (in batches under the surface) rather than individually.
- Improved feedback to user if problem in early stages starting SOFA. Program now makes an error text file on the user desktop as well.
- All field or table name checks in SQLite now return the SQLite error text as well.
- Better message to user if installation of wx backend for matplotlib missing.
- If cancel process of changing file used to define variable config, report table display no longer reverts to random demo.
and bug fixes:
- Fixed bug in chi square when no labels set for numerical variables. Needed to convert value to unicode before using as label.
- Fixed bug when importing datetimes with ‘T’ as the separator between date and time.
- Fixed bug caused by SQLite queries sometimes returning strings instead of floats when extracting REAL (numeric) data. Fixed it where it affected Row Stats medians and std devs; and statistical tests.
- Fixed bug when uwhisker and lwhisker not set. Also copes better when no boxes are displayed in boxplot.
- Handling Python 2.6 unicode keyword bug.
- Replaced pprint.pformat where it messes up unicode e.g. user paths with non-ascii characters. Misc other changes to fix internal issues.
- Fixed bug allowing None to be displayed in Val A and Val B drop-downs under Group by e.g. ANOVA.
- Config dialog in Report Tables widened slightly when needed to display title.
- Fixed bug when decimal entered into value label list for an integer field.
- Fixed CSV import bug when trying to guess whether a header or not.
Thanks to all the users who helped identify and resolve problems.