SOFA Statistics has now become the most downloaded general purpose statistics application on SourceForge, having passed the 40,000 download mark. There are plenty of new features forthcoming, and every effort will be made to add them without compromising the commitment to ease of use, learn as you go, and beautiful output.
Archive for March, 2011
For line charts, users can now add trend lines and smoothed lines (using a weighted rolling average).
And histograms can now be produced with a normal distribution curve overlaid.
Other improvements include:
- Histograms display better when lots of bins – wider chart and smaller font for x-axis.
- Simplified layout of project selection form and changed preferences form.
- Clearer labels when users are selecting a range of groups rather than discrete groups e.g. in ANOVA.
- Added medians etc to the Wilcoxon Signed Ranks output.//
- An early error message directs the user to the help page on “SOFA Won’t Start”. It also includes connection details in the error message if unable to connect to the default database.
- Only delays next “What’s up” connection date if it successfully gets through.
There have also been some useful bug fixes:
- Bug fix when importing from ODS any data which could potentially be a year e.g. 2631.
- Report quality histograms no longer leave out values falling right on the upper limit.
- Two-tailed vs one-tailed corrections in output display.
- Fixed problem with table names (esp safetblname) surviving test for SQLite validity and breaking future tests.