Removing rough edges and handling less perfect incoming data have been the recent focus of attention. The main changes in 0.8.13 are:
- Better support for inconsistent data and missing values.
- The user is informed what happens to files being imported.
- The user has the option of halting a large raw data table report.
- CSV importing now asks user if file has header and offers to clean up files with mixed line separators.
- New projects have the default SOFA database preconfigured ready to save tables to.
- Program now returns useful message if SQLite table with median or std dev fails because of non-numeric values (in purportedly numeric field).
- Attempts to make new tables without a connection to the default database now receive a useful message.
- Users are given the opportunity to pull out of opening a large data table.
Also importantly, there have been a myriad of bug fixes:
- Fixed bug when using SQLite database other than the SOFA default one.
- Report tables now handle non-numeric values in numeric fields (SQLite).
- Fixed simple but fatal bugs affecting raw and summary tables.
- Fixed bug when user path includes international characters.
- Fixed bug using MS SQL for making report tables.