There are four big changes in the latest version. They’re not really new features as such – the changes are mainly focused on making SOFA Statistics more pleasant to use. We hope you like it :-).
1) When designing or redesigning data tables, users now have visual feedback on the changes made in the form of a demonstration table:
2) The Projects form has been made a bit more attractive and coherent. Hopefully, it will be easier to use:
3) Demonstration report tables are more visually distinct from actual report tables (i.e. those run off the data):
4) Better guidance when asking if a csv file or spreadsheet has a header or not:
Here is the full list of improvements:
- When designing or redesigning a data table, users can see a demonstration table showing their changes as they go. It uses a few rows of real data where possible to be more realistic.
- When prompted to choose whether import source file has a header or not, example images appropriate to the type are shown and the options are ‘Has header row’, ‘No header’, and ‘Cancel’.
- Demonstration text data is now more varied in width and more sensible.
- The Projects form has an improved appearance and is more friendly and easy to understand.
- Styling of report tables improved, especially for the raw data list table.
- Demonstration tables are more visually distinct from report tables based on actual data (more faint).
- Better details left for user if unable to connect to a type of database.
- Can now use delete key when naming fields in data table design view.
And there are bug fixes:
- Fixed ods import bug where repeating columns with values were only treated as one data cell. Major cleanup of ods importing code.
- Copes with user having multiple versions of wxpython installed – explicitly uses correct version.
- Fixed bug when inserting new rows into a new data table design.
- Fixed small bug where renaming an odd table name in design view wouldn’t result in the original named table being deleted.
- Empty strings not accepted as valid SQLite tables or fields.
- Fixed bug where enabling of Import button lagged changes to text for source name and SOFA Table Name.