The Galician translation is now complete.
e.g. #: dbe_plugins/dbe_sqlite.py:308
msgid “The SQLite details are incomplete”
msgstr “Os datos de SQLite están incompletos”
It is now time to enable SOFA Statistics to use multiple translations successfully. Here are some possible issues:
- Overly-long strings: these can affect layout e.g. the buttons on the main form. There may be ways of abbreviating strings.
- A locale not being installed on a computer. Lots more to learn about this but here is a linux command for identifying what is on your system
- How to allow a user to select a locale (or to automatically use the locale of their computer).
- Making sure everything works on Windows as well.
- Getting the Galician po file approved by Launchpad (currently stuck in “Needs Review”)
Testing will begin soon. Most importantly, the internationalisation of SOFA Statistics has begun in earnest :-).