SOFA Statistics 1.1.1 brings good news for Mac and Linux users. You can now import Excel xls files directly. This is no longer a Windows-only feature.
Here is the full list of changes:
- Excel can be imported from Mac and Linux as well as Windows.
- ODS importing now copes with single ‘divider’ columns – i.e. columns with no field name in the header.
- CSV importing now autofills blank columns with field numbers such as Var018.
- More informative if locale issues.
- More informative if unable to connect to MySQL on Mac.
- Changed standard deviation in report tables from population sd to sample sd.
There is one important set of bug fixes which allows more sophisticated extraction of cell values from ODS spreadsheets. SOFA now copes with formatted content of cells and other complex cases by handling subelements in the XML.