A key goal of SOFA Statistics is to help users “learn as they go”. The latest version takes a further step in that direction by integrating on-line help into all the statistical tests. In the example below, clicking on the “Help” button in the Chi Square dialog opens the appropriate page in the client’s web browser.
Integrated on-line help for statistical tests
Version 0.9.24 also makes it easier for users to select the right test, and feel confident they have made an appropriate choice, by adding tips for any tests previously lacking any.
Tips for all tests
The other change is that passwords are now hidden when configuring database connections in projects.
There has been an important bug fix for a problem introduced in 0.9.23 which prevented Excel importing.
Other bug fixes have included:
- PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server now cope with databases which are listed but where a connection is not possible e.g. because of permissions.
- Fixed minor bug in sqlite table name test – now commits when making table and before dropping it so a chance to succeed or fail on individual step. Otherwise, net effect is no change (table added and removed) so no chance to fail.
- Safer reading and executing project and variable detail code in Windows (change new lines to required sort).
- Now possible to run test code in Windows (change new lines to required sort).
- Fixed bug when refreshing default sofa tables but not in the sofa sqlite connection.
This release brings SOFA another step closer to the version 1.0 release expected early in 2011.