Charts now have the option of rotated (vertical) x-axis labels. This can be useful for longer labels.
Note – if you have upgraded SOFA rotated labels may not work unless you update the sofastats_charts.js file in your local sofastats folder e.g. C:\Users\username\sofastats\reports\sofastats_report_extras with the sofastats_charts file for sofastats_report_extras
Scatterplots now focus on the data better by starting axes just below the minimum x and y values of the data unless the value is close enough to 0 to make it worth using 0 anyway.
And for Ubuntu users, a much nicer launcher icon :-). Actually, it’s a set of icons at different resolutions so that SOFA always looks good on the launcher.
More attractive launcher icon in Ubuntu
Other changes include:
- Numeric values are right justified in data tables.
- Kurtosis values in the normality test include the Fischer adjustment (subtracting 3).
- Duplicated field names in imports are given unique suffixes and allowed (now that they are unique).
- Excel importing now handles times without dates.
- More date formats are accepted when importing data.
- Better guidance on data preparation before importing data.
- More robust handling of variable definition files if corrupted.
Note: if upgrading on Linux, the two user folders (sofastats and sofastats_recovery) may be shifted from inside your home folder to a better location e.g. “/home/username/Documents” if free desktop standards are supported. After upgrading you may wish to manually replace the contents of the new folders with the contents of the old ones.
- Fixed small bug stopping column labels displaying in data table view.
- Fixed bug in recode operation which would wipe the table if any errors at all where encountered trying to turn the user recode config into SQLite update clauses.
- Fixed bug in getting structured data e.g. for line charts, where a user names a field freq and thus has a conflict with my own freq field. Renamed the internal use field _sofa_freq to prevent collisions.
- Creating user’s default proj file now copes with apostrophes etc in user path e.g. /Users/Jim’s/etc.
- The project dialog now displays the default report and css details saved with it from previous occasions.
- Project settings are only applied if the project is selected – they are not automatically triggered by changes when configuring a project.
- Multi-line values entered into data cells e.g. variable label settings, automatically have the line breaks converted into spaces. Prevents errors in display of data e.g. in single line text boxes, and problems storing in python scripts (EOL error) etc.
- Fixed bug where the first SQLite database in a project was assumed to be the default sofa database even though it might not be. Now possible to link to multiple default databases e.g. testing copies etc as long as simple naming convention followed.
- SOFA now rolls back to last good database connection if a failure.
- Fixed strange bug where default database would lock if made a new table, then looked as design, then tried to write to the database e.g. importing, editing data. Just refreshed cursor after updating demo table design and problem gone.